I recently participated in a pincushion swap through swap-bot. I had been wanting to make a flower pincushion ever since I saw the tutorial on whipup.
The process really is as easy as the tutorial makes it seem. I made two pincushions in one night. The green and brown pincushion went to Karyn in Austraila. I hope she is enjoying it. I am keeping the currently buttonless light green one for myself.
As I was making these, I realized that I have a very limited button collection. I am currently searching for more unique buttons. If you have an idea, please leave a comment. My buttonless flowers would be forever grateful.