The quilt has been quilted. The instructions have you just turn it inside out and quilt it, but I like the look of binding so I decided to quilt it the "traditional" way. I followed the directions in Last Minute Patchwork to lay out the backing, batting, and quilt top. I really spent a lot of time making sure everything was smooth and I think it paid off. I only saw less than a handful of puckers on the back after I quilted it. Hey, now I don't think that's too bad for a first time quilter! Now all I need to do is bind it. I'm nearing the finish line...!
I've been thinking a lot about what I want to make after I finish the quilt. Ever since I saw Adrienne's post about the mini-wardrobe challenge, I've been thinking about my own mini-wardrobe storyboard. I would love to do this challenge, but with my next two weekends completely booked (and a possible move!), the end of May is not possible for me to finish four garments. So, I think I'll just do my own personal challenge and try to complete four coordinating garments by the end of June. To up the ante, I'd like to use patterns and fabrics from my stash. Here are the four patterns I'm currently contemplating. I already have fabrics in mind.