Monday, September 21, 2009
Flower girl Dresses
They're essentially done! Since this picture, I have hemmed them and now just need to add a simple ribbon sash. The color is really off in this photo. The fabric is a beautiful, rich, light purple (not quite lavender) dupioni silk. I found the silk at G-Street Fabrics back in March and knew I wanted to make something out of it for the wedding. After looking for non-white flower girl dresses (call me selfish, but I want to be the only one wearing white on the big day), my decision was made! The silk was easy to work with, though it frayed a ton! I used Simplicity 4647 for the pattern and have nothing but high marks to give it. However, I did omit the layers of tulle it called for as the dress puffs out enough on it's own. I'll show pictures of the dresses in action after the wedding!