Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Where has the week gone?

I had one of those utterly fantastic moments yesterday when I realized it was Wednesday after thinking it was Tuesday all day long. Love it when that happens (hate it when it's the other way around).


Last weekend I attended the DC Craft Mafia's Holiday Craft Fair where I met Katie of See Katie Sew fame. Katie and her family are so nice! Katie's goods are even more beautiful in person than they are online. I think I touched every bag she had out just because they were so pretty. Luckily I arrived early enough to snag the scarf I eyed on her blog last week. I bought it just in time as it has been really cold here. I've worn the scarf almost every day this week and at work where I don't think they believe in heat.

I was hoping to make this dress this Fall but I think I might wait until the Spring when it's more practical to wear. Or not. I tend to sew whatever I feel like sewing at the time. I am trying to be more disciplined about it, but where's the fun in that? What's your approach to sewing?

Lastly, the randomly chosen number for the winner of the flower pin was 1. Raesha, look out for an e-mail from me!

3 comments:

Katie Jean said...

ooh you are too kind! I had meeting you :)

That dress is cute. I can't wait to see it made!

Raesha D said...

I love the scarf - Katie is awesome! We were swap partners not too long ago and I adore her. I would go ahead and make the dress - you can wear it with a sweater, tights and boots during the winter:) I tend to sew on whims - and not whether it's practical for the weather or not:) And I'm so excited about the flower pin! I'm off to reply to your email:)

Anna said...

Wow, what a cute blog! Sew glad I found your blog, from a link for Katie's in fact. That scarf is way cute. Too bad it isn't cold enough to wear one down here in TX. I will be visiting again. I love to sew too!

Anna