I hope you all had a fabulous New Year's. As I look toward the year ahead, I have many things I want to accomplish, both professionally and personally. Included in the list are some sewing goals. In the hopes of being more motivated to do what it is I say I want to do, I give you my sewing resolutions for 2008:
1. Sew a quilt. I've been wanting to do this for a while but couldn't decide on a pattern. I've finally decided.
2. Sew pants. I shouldn't be scared to do this. Finding pants that fit well is probably a lot more difficult than sewing well fitted pants. Right (she asks nervously)???
3. Finish what I start (or else don't start it at all). Enough said.
4. Sew with a plan. I am completely guilty of sewing random items that don't coordinate well with other pieces in my wardrobe. This is a shame on many levels but especially so because I don't end up wearing the garment that often.
5. Make at least one pattern on my own. This will be challenging but I am very excited and optimistic about the experience.
I hope 2008 brings you all much love and happiness.