Thursday, January 01, 2009
Two Thousand Eight Review
Before I jump into 2009, let's look back at 2008 for a moment. Here are my sewing goals from 2008 and the outcome of each:
1. Sew a quilt. I've been wanting to do this for a while but couldn't decide on a pattern. I've finally decided. - I made not one, but TWO quilts this year. Yippee!
2. Sew pants. I shouldn't be scared to do this. Finding pants that fit well is probably a lot more difficult than sewing well fitted pants. Right (she asks nervously)??? - Nope, didn't do this.
3. Finish what I start (or else don't start it at all). Enough said. - I think for the most part I was pretty successful with this goal. I don't have a lot of UFOs lying around (only three - two of these are sweaters that just need buttons).
4. Sew with a plan. I am completely guilty of sewing random items that don't coordinate well with other pieces in my wardrobe. This is a shame on many levels but especially so because I don't end up wearing the garment that often. - Again, for the most part I was successful at this.
5. Make at least one pattern on my own. This will be challenging but I am very excited and optimistic about the experience. - I didn't do this.
For 2009, I want to complete my goals for 2008 (sew pants, make my own clothing pattern). I also want to sew better garments. I am guilty of not wearing everything I make. If it's not worth wearing, I don't want to make it.
Another goal for 2009 is to finally finish the pattern that I've been slowly working on for the Barcelona Bag. This bag is my favorite and most used item that I've made all year. I'm hoping with the pattern, others can make it and love it just as much as I do.
I wish you all a wonderful year.