Wednesday, June 04, 2008

The Internet has come to my rescue yet again

Thank you for all the compliments on my shirt and for making me realize that I was being too hard on myself. Your kind comments have made me see the shirt in softer light. Also, I've had a day to recover from the zipper disaster so that has helped too. Here are the lessons I've learned from this shirt ('cause there's always a lesson to be learned):

1. Hand baste that zipper and prevent a lot of heartache!
2. I need a new iron - I've dropped mine one too many times and the steam/spray just isn't what it once was (any recommendations for a decent mid-range iron?).
3. Be kind to yourself.
4. The Internet is a wonderful thing - it connects me to all you wonderful readers!

Thanks again. I'm moving on now to my next wardrobe items: another skirt and top.

4 comments:

Katie said...

You should definitely be kind to yourself - your garments are beautiful! You have a lot of talent, I can't wait to see your next projects!!

UK lass in US said...

I just bought a Black and Decker Classic iron, as all the reviews I saw said it could withstand the knocks and still perform. Whether you should take advice from someone who only irons when she sews, though, is another matter...

cidell said...

I have a $99 gravity feed. If that's a little pricey, I really have to recommend the Black and Decker classic iron too. http://www.blackanddeckerappliances.com/product-105.html But, if you can find it steamless and just use a spray bottle, you might be happier in the long term.

Jessica said...

Besides hand basting zippers do you have any other zipper inserting suggestions-I have never been successful with them. Ps- the clothes you make always rock!