Tuesday, November 07, 2006


I recently participated in a pincushion swap through swap-bot. I had been wanting to make a flower pincushion ever since I saw the tutorial on whipup.

The process really is as easy as the tutorial makes it seem. I made two pincushions in one night. The green and brown pincushion went to Karyn in Austraila. I hope she is enjoying it. I am keeping the currently buttonless light green one for myself.

As I was making these, I realized that I have a very limited button collection. I am currently searching for more unique buttons. If you have an idea, please leave a comment. My buttonless flowers would be forever grateful.


Justin said...

Stephanie - thank you, thank you, thank you for the beautiful pin cushion. It has pride of place on my "look what other people made" shelf in my craft room.

The felt you used is so nice...The only felt I can get hold of here is nasty acrylic stuff...it's so...yukky I don't even like talking about it!

Thanks again...oh and for the badges too.

Geek+Nerd said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Geek+Nerd said...

Hi Stephanie!

I just received your lovely ornament today. I love the colors and it turned out so well. Thank you. Your blog looks like a lot of fun! I'm going to put you on my bloglines!

Happy Holidays to you too!


Kathy - Pink Chalk Studio said...

These are fantastic. I need to check out that tutorial. I boosted my button collection via eBay last year. I purchased two different large lots of buttons and was really happy with the quality. My tips would be to really look at the pictures and make sure there are a lot of true vintage buttons that you like. Most lots will be pumped up with things you don't want. I lost a few auctions but eventually won two at a good price and was very happy with my purchases. Good luck!