Monday, July 28, 2008

Mini Wardrobe Challenge: Outfit 4 (well, sorta)

If you've been paying attention to my mini wardrobe challenge, then you might be confused by this outfit. You'd be confused for good reason. 'Cause I'm cheating. Sort of. I should be wearing the white shirt I made with this skirt. Originally I wanted a relaxed challenge in that there would be not strict deadline. Then, when I realized that a full shirt does not go well with a full skirt after I sewed everything, I decided to relax the rules even more. The white shirt only goes with the khaki skirt...but the brown shirt goes with not one, not two, but three skirts! That has to count for something, right? I'm very tempted to make another white shirt, but at this point in the summer I'm thinking about fall sewing and moving and my trip and so it's very low on my priority list. It might happen before the summer is over, but until then, this will have to do. Oh it's fun to make up the rules!

Top: Simplicity 4076
Skirt: McCalls 5431

5 comments:

lsaspacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

Thanks! I just fixed the link.

Katie Jean said...

love it!

African Kelli said...

I can't believe you made these. They are SO nice! Love it.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I love the fabric you used for this skirt...it just makes it fun and summery!