Friday, April 13, 2007

Book Review: Dive from Clausen's Pier



Like Jenny, I too can't sleep until I read for a little each night. I go through a few books a month and for the past year I've gotten into the (bad?) habit of not finishing every book I start. I just feel like there is so much out there to read and life is too short that I don't want to waste my time reading something that I'm not enjoying. Also, I've found that I enjoy books depending on my mood. A book that I couldn't quite get into a few months ago sometimes turns out to be a great book when I pick it up again.

Right now, because I can't spend as much time sewing as I wish I could, I find myself dreaming about fabric and sewing. So when my Mom told me about this book I started reading it right away. The main character is a twenty-something Midwesterner going through a quarter-life crisis. The plot is ok...kind of a beach read if that makes sense. The thing that I love about this book is that the main character is a sewer! She describes the pleasure of walking into a fabric store, of the patterns and fabrics strewn across her apartment, and how she's always wishing she could be sewing. The author must be a sewer to be able to describe the craft so well. I would recommend the book to anyone looking for an enjoyable quick read and I definitely recommend the book to anyone who loves to sew.

No comments: