Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My resolve has broken

Well, I just couldn't take it anymore. I taught myself to knit. I've actually been fighting this moment. You see, I'll be the first to admit that I have craft ADD. I love to sew. I love to crochet. I love to paint and make things. I sometimes get a bit overwhelmed at all the sewing/crocheting/making possibilities out there, wanting to do it all but knowing there just isn't enough time. I really don't need another hobby to throw into the mix! But then I saw this and then this. That did it. My "I want to make that" personality finally took over. Every night this week I've sat down and gone through the motions, trying to get comfortable with this new way of holding yarn. After three nights, it finally clicked (no pun intended). Here we go.

Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving (if it applies to you). I have plenty to give thanks for this year.

2 comments:

Tracey said...

YAY! Welcome to the sewing, crocheting, quilting, painting, baking, scrapbooking, cardmaking, etc...and now knitting club.

tiffany... said...

congratulations! (i need to, one day, teach myself how to crochet)
good luck with your knitting endeavors! the juliet is totally on my list of things to knit!